- 3 teaspoons grapeseed oil (or extra-virgin olive oil), divided
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup precooked diced red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 6 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add potatoes, thyme and paprika and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Lightly whisk eggs and egg whites in a large bowl. Stir the potato mixture into the eggs along with cheese, spinach, salt and pepper until combined. Wipe the pan clean; add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and heat over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture, cover and cook until the edges are set and the bottom is browned, 4 to 5 minutes (it will still be moist in the center).
- To flip the tortilla, run a spatula gently around the edges to loosen them. Invert a large plate over the pan and turn out the tortilla onto it. Slide the tortilla back into the pan and continue cooking until completely set in the middle, 3 to 6 minutes. Serve warm with a nice side salad or vegetable.
Per serving: 178 calories; 9 g fat ( 3 g sat , 4 g mono ); 217 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 12 g protein; 2 g fiber; 433 mg sodium; 210 mg potassium