- 5 cups chopped broccoli
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 2 cups Cream of Celery Soup (see recipe below)
- 2 cans water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup bell peppers (any color), diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Basil
- 1 Tbsp. ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss together broccoli and quinoa in a large bowl. Add cream of celery soup, onion, celery, water chestnuts, bell peppers, ground mustard, salt, pepper and ¾ cup of shredded cheese. Toss well and transfer to a 13 x 9 baking dish. Top with remaining ¾ cup of cheese and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
Nutritional Information per serving (makes 8 servings)
Calories 254, Fat 15g, Carbohydrates 19.7g, Protein 11.6g, Cholesterol 23mg, Sodium 522mg, Fiber 3.4g, Sugars 1.4g
recipe slightly adapted from cookingquinoa.net
Cream Of Celery Soup
(makes 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or butter)
- ¼ cup toasted quinoa flour (or flour of choice)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (or vegan Parmesan)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in flour and whisk. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the mixture bubbles and begins to brown. Whisk in almond milk and vegetable broth. Cook, whisking frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in the celery, Parmesan cheese, onion powder, smoked paprika and sea salt. Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes. Allow to cool to use in a recipe or freeze in 2 cup portions for later use.